Friday, January 2, 2009

Quite the hiatus

well it's definitely been awhile since I decided to post on here, but for the new year, I have decided to start again.  A lot of things have changed but the big things are still the same: still madly in love with Emily, still spend to much time harassing my dog, still live in the same town at the same house...  So what has changed then? well mostly I've picked up some new hobbies, changed my career path (twice since I was last here actually) and recently had some facial surgery. I figure I'll go into more detail about those things in subsequent posts,but for now you can bask in the glory of my bicycle:

Frame: 08 Ares Garuda 
Forks: ABadThing 
Headset: kink 
Crankset:khe 2 piece hindenburg 
BB Set: ff euro 
Sprocket:tree spline drive, 20t 
Chain: KHE Tanga 
Pedals: Ares plastic 
Handlebar: OG caramel 2 
Stem: Sequence hook 
Grips: Animal Edwin 
Bar Ends: Fly Rubens 
Saddle: flybikes fino 
Seat Post: thomson 
Seat Post Clamp: TSC alfred lite 
Brakes: flybikes 
Brake lever: odyssey M2 
Gyro: Snafu mobeus w/hoffman uber plate 
Front wheel: 
-Hub: Fly bikes 48h 
-Rim: Odyssey Duralectra 48h 
-Spokes: 14g 3x, aluminum nipples 
-Tire: Odyysey frquency g 1.75" 
-Pegs: sequence majic sticks 
Rear wheel: 
-Freecoaster: Geisha street 48h 
-Rim: Odyssey Duralectra 48h 
-Spokes: 14g 3x, aluminum nipples 
-Tire: Odyysey frquency g 1.75" 
-Pegs: saquence majic sticks 
Other: 
-khe dubz tensioner
Weight:~21lbs 


I love my bike, it has taken awhile for it to all come together, and parts still change in and out a lot, but I have a better grasp I what I like to ride.  It's hard getting used to the back brakes, I put them on mainly for safety (being able to stop) but also figured I might get a few tricks out of it. For now I've been working on decades, but only sorta half-assed, still progress is being made.  Other than that the bike is really light and responsive, I'm a hitchhikin' machine on this thing.  I've also recently found a new riding spot close to Em's mum's  house. It's basically two sets of almost abandoned tennis courts in a public park, neglected enough for me to be able to ride there, nice enough for me to still want to. Check it out.
Soon I'll have Emi go and take some photos of me riding so I can show you all what I'm doing on such an odd looking bike.

Until next time!

1 comment:

Jamestown James said...

facial surgery? its not jim, its di.


i gave up faceboo. i got sick of it.

pls email me